Cant cURL

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Wisotzkey

Cant cURL

Post by Wisotzkey »

I hope someone is still nosing around this forum cause I'm stuck! I finally got my ybox2 put together and started playing around with it today. After some minor difficulties, I finally managed to upload a new widget and changed it to the alarm clock widget. Problem is, now I'm stuck with it. I cant seem to get curl connected to change it again.

device responds to pings and I'm on the same subnet. Device has no problems connecting to the naval clock. I can browse to the device via web browser. No problems changing the time on the clock.

On ybox reboots / power drops, I usually get the original bootloader screen (grey with the squiggle break line) while it waits for a DHCP address but never gets one. If I click the device button, it cycles and boots into the alarm widget, gets an address and assumes its normal role as a clock.

From the cmd line, using the normal curl command (curl http://192.168.1.112/stage2.eeprom -T inforwidget.binary) , I get the response: HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

I've tried this on two different networks.

I'm stumped where the problem is or what the error is indicative of. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! I'd really like to not think about the idea that I have a $60 clock TV :/

Josh

Wisotzkey

Re: Cant cURL

Post by Wisotzkey »

Never fails. Ask for help and minutes later find the solution on my own!

Hold button while plugging in the power and continue holding until it resets.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”