MarOS Pro 1.0 - beta 2 - with sounddemo

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rarara

Re: MarOS Pro 1.0 - beta 2 - with sounddemo

Post by rarara »

mario1089 wrote:Send/Recieves on channel 1 always.
Is 1.4.1 of the other OS the same in that respect too? Its pretty handy to be able to specify midi channels if you have various gear sharing a sequencers midi out

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

no, in 1.4.1 you still can select channels as usual.

Only in this new "pro" versions I dare to be that mean... my idea was, as normally with any gear you can select the channels, it would be OK to have exactly one where this is impossible:)

rarara

Post by rarara »

mario1089 wrote:no, in 1.4.1 you still can select channels as usual.

Only in this new "pro" versions I dare to be that mean... my idea was, as normally with any gear you can select the channels, it would be OK to have exactly one where this is impossible:)
hmmm, thats a bad ommission :evil:

I'm sure I am not alone in having my x0xb0x sitting on a hight channel number, while channel 1 is used by more 'important' bits of gear. Can it be returned to the earlier way of working??

Also, in the spirit of suggestions....how about the runtime variations employing a non-global start/stop step number? eg slide RTV can be for steps 1-5, accent for steps 1-16 etc etc. It may be useful to have the value memorised when switched off though? I KNOW! - a global setting for steps (which is same for all patterns, and memorised when switched off), which can then be modified away from that global setting on a per item (slide, accent..) basis

And lastly, can you please explain the meaning of your slide diagram earlier in this thread. Its too cryptic :?

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

hmmm, thats a bad ommission
well, I`m surprised: You know that I don`t deactivate things to annoy anyone, or because of any other bad thought, right? I have to do this to get space in the memory. There is no choice. At least not, if I want the firmware to be usable for me (and you must understand I do these things mainly for me). So, if you want to use this "pro" version, you have to live with the downsides. Except, I can post different versions of the firmware, with different - fixed - MIDI channels, that may help? Maybe 1,2,15,16 ?

And not sure if thats clear: In MarOS1.4.1 you CAN select channels as usual!

Also, in the spirit of suggestions....how about the runtime variations employing a non-global start/stop step number? eg slide RTV can be for steps 1-5, accent for steps 1-16 etc etc. It may be useful to have the value memorised when switched off though? I KNOW! - a global setting for steps (which is same for all patterns, and memorised when switched off), which can then be modified away from that global setting on a per item (slide, accent..) basis
Reasonable ideas. I know how to get some bytes in the 1.4.1 code, but not in the Pro code, there these are used already. And wouldnt be enough probably anyway:( So, not very optimistic about this.
And lastly, can you please explain the meaning of your slide diagram earlier in this thread. Its too cryptic.
Hmm, well... It`s 8 cases of what the xoxbox plays for 2 subsequent steps. It`s an example of when the two notes are of 7 semi distance. The arrow means, the note slides to the next pitch, instead of playing a new note. The interesting point is, that there are new notes added on the odd 1/32 positions, and that these for some case slide to next "real" note. the difference between 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 is the pitch of the new added note: same as 1st step, in between 1st and 2nd step, 1 octave lower than 2nd step.

rarara

Post by rarara »

mario1089 wrote:and you must understand I do these things mainly for me
you realise that christmas is all about giving, right? :|
mario1089 wrote:fixed - MIDI channels, that may help?
yeah, be handy. can't remember what midi channel i use :oops: , is either 15 or 16
mario1089 wrote:Reasonable ideas. I know how to get some bytes in the 1.4.1 code, but not in the Pro code, there these are used already. And wouldnt be enough probably anyway:(
if there is no possibility of my WONDERFUL new suggestion fitting, but some space exists you could add the slides change to 1.4.1 too? would also still like to see the start of half-tempo mode locked to the beginning of the next measure as that still kicks-in upon pressing the button
mario1089 wrote:Hmm, well... It`s 8 cases of what the xoxbox plays for 2 subsequent steps. It`s an example of when the two notes are of 7 semi distance. The arrow means, the note slides to the next pitch, instead of playing a new note. The interesting point is, that there are new notes added on the odd 1/32 positions, and that these for some case slide to next "real" note. the difference between 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 is the pitch of the new added note: same as 1st step, in between 1st and 2nd step, 1 octave lower than 2nd step.
OK, that makes sense now. need to experiment though, as wasn't getting very exciting results with my (probably poor) sequences

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

same
Last edited by mario1089 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

removed, was a unintended post:)
Last edited by mario1089 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gurth

Post by gurth »

just saying something serious.....
Last edited by gurth on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rarara

Post by rarara »

gurth wrote:How can it be that someone acts like a pain in the ass, because you make something you like and share this with everybody!

talking about christmas,....
you seem the serious type :roll:

gurth

Post by gurth »

Serious.

Jonny3snares

Post by Jonny3snares »

Hi, I don't know is this has been covered already but I have a problem and I think it might be to do with the maros software on my xox. I have a mc303 running as a slave to my xoxbox with another synth in the midi chain, when I have my xox in midi sync and play the mc303 is syncs fine, but when I have another external device receiving midi notes the xox seems to start and stop the sequence and play the notes. How can I have it set up to sync like normal?
Let me know if my explanation is poor and I'll try explain it better.

Thanks

tstk

Post by tstk »

So MarOS is no longer supported or what?

I'd need a build of MarOS pro with the MIDI channel fixed to 16. Any tips in achieving this would be appreciated!

Guess I'll be using the non-pro build for now.. In any case, much obliged for your hard work, Mario!

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

Ive decided to not longer work on that Pro version. I noticed it was buggy, and there were complicated issues with compatability between the versions, and it was pretty complex in the end to maintain it. Sorry.

At least, MarOS1.5 will be out soon !!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”