Status of Mini Minty?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yay i finally got in the microcontroller chip i needed and wrote some code for miniminty. i speak to the SD/MMC card and its responding nicely. next i have to take my old FAT16 code and plug it in. apparently this is really easy. i also put a pix of the breakout board up.

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

That looks awesome! RE: your processor problems, I've had some success in the past with the ATmega162 or 161 (probably more horsepower than you'd need for this app, though).

Can't wait for the EAGLE files!!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

damn. i fried my 256M MMC card. they're quite delicate...

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Sorry about the guinea pi... er MMC card. You should buy a 16/32 one just for testing.

otherguy

Post by otherguy »

If it would help further this project i have an 8mb MMC card i'd be willing to send your way.
Let me know if you need it. You'll probably be better off contacting me via e-mail imodxboxs(no-spam)gmail.com

hair

Post by hair »

um...i read on the mini minty news page the your looking for a mmc card. didn't "theotherguy" said he will sent you a 8mb card?
if a SD card works and you really want to buy a card, this site says that they are selling a 32mb SD card for $5.99 and free shipping.
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/m ... ody&c=FMMM
but since it's in Santa Clara, CA. it might take a while.
also this might be a little to late because your news update was 5/10, and you might of gotten a new card already.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yay, i spent all of yesterday working on miniminty and got the FAT filesystem stuff working (can locate files, read them, etc) and, just before i went to bed, got it to play mp3s. now onto the USB stuff!

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

sweet!

Rob

Post by Rob »

post more pictures, we love pictures

Rolando

Wow this an absolute treasure for me!

Post by Rolando »

I just found the Minty MP3 website the other day, and have been browsing all of it. I can't wait till the Mini Minty kits come out, I am SURE i will buy a few at least :D . It seems like a great project!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

progress has been good. i got started on the USB stuff this weekend. isnt as hard as i thought it would be (after the initial learning curve) i'm sending out for the first beta PCBs this week!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yay ive sent out the beta pcbs (overnight!) and i changed some stuff -- tossed the AAA batteries and decided to just go with a li-ion like the original Minty -- so i had room for 'extras'

i added a header to plug in an LCD
and the fm transmitter circuit

(the two most-common requests)

:(

Post by :( »

is there any updates on mini?

technick

Post by technick »

awaiting the mini minty! i know you have yet to finalize anything about the pricing, but i was wondering: would you ship internationally? (ship to canada, i assume you live in the usa) what would the kit include? this kit seems very appealing to me, since i have only soldered one thing in my life (my finger).

technick

krook-ed

Post by krook-ed »

Will there be an LCD on the mini-minty ladyada, i was thinking of adding one to mine, but i don't know if i'll be able to program... :shock:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”