Little Help?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vac

Little Help?

Post by vac »

Hello,

Long time lurker, just finished my wavebubble 2010b and it works for the most part but only when I immediately program it utilizing the menu over the usb/serial connection. It does not store the tuning information for jamming following a power cycle and if it's not in the programming menu over usb/serial, I cannot get it to turn off either. Powering on without being in the programming menu results in a solid green led and the inability to turn itself off. It works fine otherwise and does the business but again, only while it's in the menu. Currently at a loss as to what the heck is causing it to act like this. Replaced all transistors and programmed it using the following settings:

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m168 -P usb -U lfuse:w:0xe2:m -U hfuse:w:0xd5:m -U efuse:w:0xf9:m

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m168 -P usb -U flash:w:main.hex

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Vac

lightningserpent

Re: Little Help?

Post by lightningserpent »

I would guess there is a short in one of the communication pins on the FTDI chip and/or the ATmega pins. Maybe one of the pins is being held high(or low) and preventing the wave bubble from operating properly.

mandy

Post by mandy »

Hi vac!

I have just seen your post and I have exactly the same issue with my WB. Its only working properly when being in the terminal menu. Have you been able to fix this problem?

Many thanks,
Mandy

vac

Post by vac »

Sadly no, I've been too busy these past few weeks and haven't had the time to troubleshoot the damn thing. I did, however find this thread helpful even though I haven't had the chance to test it out myself. Does your led on the main board stay solid if you try to run it disconnected from usb? I'm 90% certain our problem is that we borked the programming somewhere and the thing is stuck in reset.

mandy

Post by mandy »

Hi vac,

basically, yes - the LED is constantly on when powered and disconnected from USB. In this state I cannot power it off or select any program via S1. To power off I short out the RST to GND on the ISP header. However, I did a few more tests today with an oscilloscope and I found that there is constant traffic on the TX and RX lines on JP1 when I switch on. I don't know yet what this traffic is but this traffic is the reason why in my case I cannot operate the bubble normally. Because of this traffic the wavebubble gets the message that someone must have pressed a key and it therefore enters its menu, i.e. the LED is constantly on and it can not be powered off via S1. To avoid this situation I can short the TX to GND on JP1 during switch on. The traffic on TX stops and the switch on works and the LED starts blinking and runs the program as I can see on the spectrum analyser. So all in all I'm a step further today although I'm not sure where it leads me. I guess next is to understand what is going on on the TX-Pin during switch on when no USB cable is connected. If the cable is connected I dont have this traffic on the TX pin. Very strange the whole issue... :?

That's all for now,
Mandy

extratitanian

Post by extratitanian »

What programmer are you using to upload the code? I think i've gotta get a new one and figure I'll go with a known good setup.

vac

Post by vac »

I used the USB-tiny kit from the adafruit store as well as the Bus Pirate for some troubleshooting. USB-tiny is a lot easier and doesn't require a patched AVRdude in order to run but either will work.

RHouts

Post by RHouts »

I do not know how to post a new thread but I am in need of a little help.

I would like to power up to 8 raspberry pi boards and I was wondering if I am able to do so with a power relay. I will have a power socket connected to the power relay and also connect the RPi3. Please let me know if this is possible.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”