Potentially Broken PCB in SpokePOV

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ladyflor

Potentially Broken PCB in SpokePOV

Post by ladyflor »

Hello! After contacting [email protected] about my issue, I was instructed to post my concerns here (email is copy-pasted):

Hello,

I am in the process of putting together my SpokePOV kit (single, blue LED https://www.adafruit.com/products/5) which I purchased around May 20. As I am soldering the LEDs, I noticed that the pcb looks torn on its little notch on the edge of the board, right next to where the battery goes in. Because it seems to also rip the copper underlay, I am now worried about the functionality of this product and am scared that all my efforts will be in vain!!

You all have been absolutely instrumental in developing an inspiring my interest in electronics, so I will likely keep putting the SpokePOV together anyway, for practice at least. Anyway, if you could please confirm or deny (explain) whether or not this is indeed a damaged pcb and replace the kit if it is, that would be amazing.

[ Image Imageimg]

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Potentially Broken PCB in SpokePOV

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That does look damaged. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement spokePOV

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”