note on/off bug?

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Captaincredible

note on/off bug?

Post by Captaincredible »

i just built my ADio kit this morning weeeee
i was very positively surprised by the posibility to set a threshold and use things like photocells to trigger notes with the note on/off type.

the problem is, i cant seem to have two different analog inputs 8or digital for that case)controlling each their notes, as soon as more than one input is assigned the type note on/off, only one of them is read and its value in the only one sendt, although the editor softer will show all the input´s faders moving perfectly syncronized. can this be helped ?

i ordered the board a week ago and it arrived today so im guessing i have the latest firmware.

thank you for any help.

Daniel

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

can you post a screenshot of the midisense software as you have it configured?
thx :)

Captaincredible

or
http://www.flickr.com/photos/captaincre ... 449175990/
hmm that img button didn´t quite worl like i thought it would hopefully you can see the image anyway. :)

hope you can shed some light on what might be happening, is it a software bug or am i doing something wrong ?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

did you click on 'set note'?
what notes do you see being sent?

Captaincredible

yes i have clicked set note on all of the sensors. Allthough this seems a littly "glitchy" (some times it fails to change to the note i set) i know that this function works because if i have only one sensor active (ticked off) at a time everything works perfectly. As soon as i enable more than one sensor set to "note on/off", they seem to be mistaken as the same sensor by the editing software and only the note value of the first sensor enabled is transmitted via midi

the same is of course true if i assign the same cc number to more than one sensor, but this makes sense as there is no way to differ between them in terms of midi if they are sending the same cc number, it doesn´t make sense however that two different notes are confused as the same one. This leads me to believe that there is an issue in the code on the microcontroller. Perhaps it is storing one value for the function "note on/off" and at the end of a cycle only has one value stored to send regardles of the fact that it read several values different sensors ( each value overwriting the previos until only the last value read is transmitted)? am i barking up the wrong tree ?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

im going to check this out. im pretty sure i tested this...

Captaincredible

did you check ?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”