"when am i going to get a x0x?"

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Disgruntled

Re: "when am i going to get a x0x?"

Post by Disgruntled »

So, after being on the list for well over a year, I figured i'd take a look at these forums to see what the situation is..
Disappointment would be an understatement..

So, some questions that I would be grateful of an official response of..

1, Why does the main x0xb0x website not clearly state that no more kits will be offered? Indeed, as far as im aware, people can still add themselves to the list for something they don't realise they will never get :roll:

2, Why are the people that put themselves on the list so long ago not politely informed by email that they would not be able to get a kit?

3, How comes 1 or 2 enterprising opportunists have conveniently managed to set up shop selling completed x0xb0x's for extortionate prices? Seems a little fishy that they can get the 'rare' parts that you guys suddenly became so disinterested in seeking out..

Thanks in advance..

toxaco

Post by toxaco »

You can get all the "rare" parts from the forum, if you look for them.
Everything else is available from Digikey and Mouser . . . .
and of course Adafruit.

I have been on the waiting list since Feb 2008

I have built my first x0xb0x without any problem !

Disgruntled

Post by Disgruntled »

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

But as much as I like making music, and as much as I like making electronic gadgets.. Trawling through and digging about the internet to seek out several awkward little parts doesn't really jam my donut, if you get my drift.

The short of it is, I put my name down for a kit, and no one could be bothered to inform me that I wouldn't get it. I had to come here to rummage about on the forum for information instead. Yet all the while 'other' parties can sell kits and completed units. But I cant get it all through the official channel?? :( Doesn't that seem wrong to you?

phono

Post by phono »

Disgruntled wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply :)

But as much as I like making music, and as much as I like making electronic gadgets.. Trawling through and digging about the internet to seek out several awkward little parts doesn't really jam my donut, if you get my drift.

The short of it is, I put my name down for a kit, and no one could be bothered to inform me that I wouldn't get it. I had to come here to rummage about on the forum for information instead. Yet all the while 'other' parties can sell kits and completed units. But I cant get it all through the official channel?? :( Doesn't that seem wrong to you?
its not wrong, its just unfortunate, there will still be kits available but not as fast as people want them. I would suggest self sourcing a kit it'll be a lot faster.

Disgruntled

Post by Disgruntled »

Thanks.. I guess thats just what i'll have to do then :wink:

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

i pretty much ordered all rare parts from dalbani in one go.

then the rest using bcbox's BOM, which points you to mouser and digikey...
then ladyada for the PCBs and uProcessor and thermistors...

I had the whole thing ordered in like 20 minutes...

hopefully dalbani still has those parts. if not, you might find someone who's selling them?

djm

Please update your website at least

Post by djm »

Hi,

I just discovered this thread and am quite disappointed and frustrated. I can understand and sympathise with your need to discontinue selling kits but could you please update your website to remove the waiting list instructions so poor schmuks like me don't wait patiently for months for something that isn't coming?

Thanks.

phono

Re: Please update your website at least

Post by phono »

djm wrote:Hi,

I just discovered this thread and am quite disappointed and frustrated. I can understand and sympathise with your need to discontinue selling kits but could you please update your website to remove the waiting list instructions so poor schmuks like me don't wait patiently for months for something that isn't coming?

Thanks.
well there will be more kits, just not at any speed people expect them to come. you shoudl take the self source route, searchign these forums you'll find all the parts you need from rare to not so rare. worth a shot :)

Luap

Post by Luap »

djm, I was previously posting in this thread as 'Disgruntled' for exactly the same reasons as you, you'll notice.
Phono is right though.. If you really want one, self source. It's a little tedious, but really not so bad (I wasn't looking forward to it, but im glad now that I did). Still, I agree with you also. The website needs updating to be a little clearer and perhaps people on the list could have been kept informed somehow too.

On the plus side, the very helpful folks on this forum largely make up for the meagre x0x website.

If i'd have known i'd be on the list for well over a year (and counting) then i'd have self sourced ages ago! All those months waiting were pretty much wasted. Still, if I ever get the original kit that I put my name down for, then i'll be more than happy to build myself another :wink:

toxaco

Post by toxaco »

Has anyone else noticed that adafruit is no longer selling the full kit on the website ? ? ?

phono

Post by phono »

toxaco wrote:Has anyone else noticed that adafruit is no longer selling the full kit on the website ? ? ?
it was inevitable, but perhaps when kits are available they will be listed

syneshtesia

Post by syneshtesia »

I really see Lady Ada point of view, but it would have been great to update the website, or send an email to the person on the waiting list to explain the situation.

I am on the list since june, and I completelly missed this thread on the forum ... I could have build my x0xb0x a long time ago, but instead I was waiting for the kit, which I will probably never have.

Wrong expectation were set, the communication wasn't great.

On the other hand : Thank you Lady Ada & Co for having created this totally perfect x0xb0x - and having made this project " open". Good luck with your new project, and I secretly hope that you guys will get up one morning and release a 606b0x !

insignia96

Post by insignia96 »

I'll just ask, i dont have time to read 6 apges of posts, if we were on the waiting list, does this mean we don't get one?

phono

Post by phono »

insignia96 wrote:I'll just ask, i dont have time to read 6 apges of posts, if we were on the waiting list, does this mean we don't get one?
read the first post at least

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

ladies and gentlemen: finally, a definitive answer to your top question.

There is no more Adafruit waiting list.

:o

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewforum.php?f=46

insignia96 wrote:I'll just ask, i dont have time to read 6 apges of posts, if we were on the waiting list, does this mean we don't get one?
tut tut tut :(

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”