PWM Out

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jim

PWM Out

Post by jim »

does anyone use the MIDIsense for PWM out?

i did not look at the schematic, but hope that those "What resistor ? What capacitor ?" spaces are to help use the midisense port/pins as outputs. Like either for a rounded square wave audio signal with a resistor-capacitor arrangement or a protective resistor for an LED output.

could i put a MIDIsense at both ends of a MIDI device chain. The one at the front of the chain would be using it's MIDI out port as a MIDI controller, and the one at the end of the chain would be using it's MIDI in port, to drive lights or audio signals?

"Basically, depending the MIDI message data, the board will modulate the duty-cycle of a 100Hz PWM signal.

The 6 analog sensors have 4 options.

1. Analog in
2. Ribbon in
3. Digital in
4. PWM Out (Pulse width modulation)
This is the form of output that the MIDIsense board handles. You can read more about PWM here at wikipedia. Basically, depending the MIDI message data, the board will modulate the duty-cycle of a 100Hz PWM signal. This is good for powering LEDs, panel meters, etc.

The 5 digital sensors have only 2 options, Digital In and PWM Out (which are just like above"

jim

Post by jim »

it took me this long to connect a midisense to a breadboard to test the PWM out.

resistors with a plain old rgb led and i was able to mix color using the faders in the midisense software. very nice.

i would be interested in pulsing the light with every "downbeat" midi signal but it might take another long while to test that.

or some sound out of the PWM out.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”