Converting Graphics for OLED SSD1306
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Converting Graphics for OLED SSD1306

by Geneticus on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Following the OLED guide here: https://learn.adafruit.com/monochrome-o ... d-examples

Whenever I attempt to convert a bitmap:
using the recommended LCD assistant the image is corrupt and doesn't display properly.(Ignore the %, that is just text)

I have tried to convert smaller (16X16) bitmaps and the result is the same, however, the sample images in the library all display properly. I have tried every combination of settings I can think of in the LCD assistant as well as a few other programs.(Bitmap2LCD off the top of my head)
Is there any other converter, settings, or helpful links on how to convert binary files to work with the Adafruit library? Since the included sample images work if I paste the array into my code, I'm sure it is the conversion or the bitmap itself that is causing me issues.

Side Note: The resistor captcha is the coolest thing I have seen on a website in a long long time, but does it have to fire when I edit my own post?

Geneticus

Re: Converting Graphics for OLED SSD1306

by pburgess on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:04 am

Huh. That guide overlooks a few steps. I'd suggest the following page:
https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-thermal ... p-printing
Though this one's about thermal printers, the tips all apply to LCD/OLED use as well...pad to multiple of 8, add PROGMEM to array declaration, etc. (One change: use the original bitmap width when calling drawBitmap(), only round up when doing the conversion.)

pburgess

Re: Converting Graphics for OLED SSD1306

by Geneticus on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Thank you! That did the trick.

Geneticus

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.