eBAY Seller Warning :: "analoguesynth / vintage-golden"

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
drumatix

eBAY Seller Warning :: "analoguesynth / vintage-golden"

Post by drumatix »

I have had a negative experience with this seller and you should all be warned.

I won an ebay auction from him for a complete x0xb0x component kit and paid for it via Paypal back in late October.

I am still waiting for the second batch of missing parts to come in the post.

The kit arrived in a reasonable amount of time - 2 weeks roughly - however, it was badly packaged (individually, the bags were sorted pretty well, but everything was stuffed into a beat up box that wasn't assembled right - which means loads of parts were stuck to the tape around the box, and were in the crevasses of the box folds - seller was fully aware of this and even told me it would be this way after I paid), and was missing components.

The kit was missing potentiometers and resistors - slightly over 10 parts total I think. Seller told me AFTER I paid that the pots were on backorder and I'd have to wait nearly a month to get them.

I am still waiting for the other parts. Apparently they have been recently sent using EMS courier service.

The only positive thing about this transaction is that the seller is actually responsive and seems willing to do the right thing.

However, his business is bad. From extremely poor packaging, to the kit not being as described (ie COMPLETE), to delays of over 1.5 months for the missing components.....

I'd highly recommend avoiding this guy. Terrible experience - After paying nearly $400 for his kit and waiting a month and a half, I still can't build the entire thing.

phono

Re: eBAY Seller Warning :: 'analoguesynth'

Post by phono »

sounds like he was a bit misleading, however 1,5 months to wait for a x0x isnt that bad imo, and really $400 isnt that bad a price.

but yes this should have been a complete kit if it was advertised as one, theres no excusing that.

space6oy

Post by space6oy »

i've bought a kit off him too. took no time to arrive (less than 2 weeks), but was missing a few things. he shipped a couple of them over pretty quickly after contacting him, been two months since the original purchase and i'm still waiting on the rest. contacted him yesterday, said they've been mailed out and might be taking longer due to holiday traffic.

anyway, aside from the missing items, communication hasn't been bad, my kit arrived AOK, packaged pretty well, though organization & labeling of the parts wasn't the greatest.

also it rubbed me the wrong way that he lists the items in australia but they're being shipped from china.
regardless of where the hell he actually is.

last up, was even more disappointed to see another seller (oddly again in australia) selling the kits for $350 or fully assembled for $650... i do look forward to assembling one on my own again (whenever i get around to it...), but still, that low of a price i wouldn't have passed on if i hadn't just picked up a kit.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

beatfunky: consider this a public warning

backindauk

Post by backindauk »

I have bought other things from this guy before. He's quite nice and fairly helpful.

I did order a kit from him to build a x0xb0x for my mate (Christmas present) and everything was in there apart from the plastic boxes which i asked [paid] for and some tantalum capacitors. No big deal. Those will arrive soon.

beatfunky

Post by beatfunky »

Hello, I just read this post. I am sorry for any trouble that caused you. Can you send me a message on ebay and let me know your ebay account name and what parts are still missing? I can re-sent it to you again. I am sorry about that. Actually I;ve ship out all missing parts to buyer ages ago, I don;t know if they went missing during the airmail shippment. ( I am sorry I didn;t sent them on express because they are quite expensive). Please understand I;ve sold heaps of xoxbox kit last two month, each box I need to pack 600 component on every box, sometimes I miss count them. I am sorry about that. Please send me a message on ebay and let me know what parts you need. I will re-sent them to you on registered post this time. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that caused you. I will put a some more BA6110 and 733 in there as a gift. or may be any paticulator parts you would like me to send, I would put it in there with the missing parts. Thanks
analoguesynth
drumatix wrote:I have had a negative experience with this seller and you should all be warned.

I won an ebay auction from him for a complete x0xb0x component kit and paid for it via Paypal back in late October.

I am still waiting for the second batch of missing parts to come in the post.

The kit arrived in a reasonable amount of time - 2 weeks roughly - however, it was badly packaged (individually, the bags were sorted pretty well, but everything was stuffed into a beat up box that wasn't assembled right - which means loads of parts were stuck to the tape around the box, and were in the crevasses of the box folds - seller was fully aware of this and even told me it would be this way after I paid), and was missing components.

The kit was missing potentiometers and resistors - slightly over 10 parts total I think. Seller told me AFTER I paid that the pots were on backorder and I'd have to wait nearly a month to get them.

I am still waiting for the other parts. Apparently they have been recently sent using EMS courier service.

The only positive thing about this transaction is that the seller is actually responsive and seems willing to do the right thing.

However, his business is bad. From extremely poor packaging, to the kit not being as described (ie COMPLETE), to delays of over 1.5 months for the missing components.....

I'd highly recommend avoiding this guy. Terrible experience - After paying nearly $400 for his kit and waiting a month and a half, I still can't build the entire thing.

beatfunky

Post by beatfunky »

Hi guys,
This is analoguesynth. I am so sorry about the missing parts. Please accept my apology if any of you receive the kits with the missing parts. I've sold quite a lot kits last two months and most of my buyers are happy about it and they all received the completed kit. Please understand there is 600 components in there and I have to pack like crazy every night so I miss count a few parts on a few buyers. I am terrible sorry about that, and please accept my apology. If any of you found there is any missing parts. Please message me on ebay and let me know what is missing, I will ship it out tomorrow morning with registered post this time. Actually, I've ship out all missing parts for all buyers (who claims there is parts missing) a month ago. I don't know if they went missing during the shippment because I ship them on airmail so there is no way to track the parcel. (I am sorry I didn't ship it on Express because it's quite expensive). Sorry guys, I can understand why you guys are upset about it, so please let me know what paticular parts you like, I will give it to you for free!!!! I will ship it out with your missing parts and give you a track number after I sent it tomorrow. Cheers

analoguesynth

drumatix

Post by drumatix »

Finally after getting the entire kit from this guy after 2 months of waiting and nearly $400, I have now found that many of the parts are shoddy or incorrect altogether. You will find that many of the caps have the wrong voltage ratings (ie 50v vs 16v....very high), resistors look very suspect in that they markings are extremely sloppy (!), and many of the details on the components in general are wrong altogether from what they should be. The seller claims he is sourcing these parts from major distributors and that they match the x0x BOM, but it is starting to appear as if many of the components are counterfeits. At a glance, they appear to be legit, but upon further inspection there are flags being raised all over the place.

I am also aware of many others that have bought these sets and have had their builds go absolutely stuffed.

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Hi Guys !
same thing for me with analoguesynth, after 2 months of wait i've received all parts but he has never answered to my postiv feedback in regard of nice communication and all parts received. Not very fair-play from him. Take care with analoguesynth.
Now it's time to built :)
Bye.

edit by mome rath for spelling correction: "analoguesynth" and "analogsynth" are two different people; the latter is a reputable dealer

uBrain

Post by uBrain »

I also purchased a kit from analoguesynth or beatfunky, whatever....

Anyway, the time it took for the kit to arrive was fairly reasonable something like 1 and half week if that. So I proceed the assembling just to find that the foot print for the resistors on the PCB is actually smaller than the actual parts like shown on the MAKE page, which I did find a little annoying I wish someone could fix up the PCB file and do a better version of it.

To my surprise, he was actually quite generous with Resistors and Caps. As far as his packing goes, everything came in a bag inside the post box so the parts arrived in good condition. I don't actually have any problems with the voltage rating higher than the one specified in the part list since the voltage rating indicates the voltage limit for the caps, before they breakdown and shorted out.

Overall the assembling took me about 3~4 days, my first x0xb0x. Fired it up last night, the analog section seemed to work fine as I stepped through the MAKE page while building it but the PIC I got with the along with PCB from adafruit doesn't seems to be running or responding at all. Looks like I might need to reload the hex file into the chip and see what happens.....

Has anyone experienced this problem?

edit by mome rath for spelling correction: "analoguesynth" and "analogsynth" are two different people; the latter is a reputable dealer

MoronPolice

Post by MoronPolice »

Yes, the parts analoguesynth (Beatfunky???) is selling on eBay look second hand (notice the chopped legs) and sitting on a static electricity inducing carpet by the looks of it (WTF?).

I don't think they would work for long:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/5pcs-2SC1583-tra ... dZViewItem

drumatix

Post by drumatix »

In order to try and calm me down because of effing this all up so bad, analoguesynth mailed me out a BA662 chip (and made many future references to it as to emphasize what a top geezer he is).

It would appear now during the final stages of the build (after replacing >60% of the parts from him), that the BA662 is bad and/or a counterfeit, as a volume/amplification problem has been narrowed directly down to the chip.

eil

Post by eil »

What sort of problem? Did you remember to omit Q1-4?

He posted a picture once of his gazillion 662's and not a single one was in an anti-static bag, so it wouldn't surprise me if a good percentage of them are only good for hamster combs now.

listen202

Post by listen202 »

Looks like he may have swapped out his eBay user ID to teditea.

check it out

Whats weird is he is using a ID that has not had activity for a year so the negative feedback would not effect his score.

"Item not in Australia as described. Over charged on postage. Took 5 weeks to arrive" Date Oct-10-07 01:30 from feedback.

Not 100% sure that it is analoguesynth but it kind of looks like it. If you buy anything from him I would ask some questions first.

otropom

Post by otropom »

i saw that too , bizarre bizarre :mrgreen: , btw theres another seller in australia , but his parts seems to be in anti-static bag

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”