hollowbook: my newest midisense project

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nym

hollowbook: my newest midisense project

Post by nym »

ha haaaa
works great
i made an "os" for it in energyxt

what do yall think?

nym

Re: hollowbook: my newest midisense project

Post by nym »

this is build 2 of my hollowbook idea. it's vastly improved from the original design.

this midi controller has 2 faders, 3 knobs, five on/off buttons, and an infrared motion detector. total, it physically outputs pitch bend, 5 control change meessages, and 5 midi notes.

using modular midi control vst effects, i made it so that the first knob determines whether the motion detector outputs pitch bend, channel pressure, or mod wheel. you move the knob far left to output pitch bend, middle to output channel pressure, and far right to output mod wheel.

the second knob does the same thing, but scrolls through what cc pairs the faders output (volume/pan, filter cutoff/resonance, delay crossfade/reverb room size are such pairs, for example)

the last knob transposes the button midi output note. when the knob is to the far left, it outputs note 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4. when the knob is in the middle, it outputs 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16. when the knob is in the far right, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.

this is intended to serve three purposes - one, as a midi based dj mixer with some interesting effects and easy crossfade control. i think the infrared could be cool in that way.

the second is as an ableton live controller intended for live beatboxing composition. the tracks recording on/off would be triggered by the buttons, and you'd have a total of 15 tracks on which to layer.

the last is basically when it's plugged into my daw/mpc, where it's basically a control extension.

i want to send pictures of this to the author, who is pretty awesome.

soundlimit15

Post by soundlimit15 »

Nice work Nym.Its a pity there aren't more enthusiastic contributors to this forum.its a useful and versatile product that deserves more input from others including the designer.Keep up the good work,Cheers Soundlimit.

skelo

Post by skelo »

so cool !

nym

Post by nym »

thanks, guys

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”