Error in product designation on the Website

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Kovkov

Error in product designation on the Website

Post by Kovkov »

Hello,

I noticed something that appears to be a mistake when reading the description of the product #1694 : 10.1" Display & Audio 1280x800 IPS - HDMI/VGA/NTSC/PAL.

This screen is supposed to be an IPS screen but in the technical details, we can read "We ship with a an HSD101PWW1 display, or equivalent", and the linked datasheet is about a TFT screen...

I really want an IPS screen, please let me know where the mistake is and what kind of LCD screen is actually shipped when we order this product.

Thank you.

adafruit2

Re: Error in product designation on the Website

Post by adafruit2 »

its a HSD101PWW1-A - which has wide-view angle, that's an indicator of IPS right?

Kovkov

Post by Kovkov »

Oh....

I'm very sorry for posting this as if it was a mistake that you made (the Adafruit shop) despite my lack of knowledge in the area.
I should have searched further before convincing myself that TFT and IPS were totally distinct and incompatible technologies.

Thanks anyway for your response and congratulations for contributing to what I consider to be the best website for electronic related projects! : )

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

all good! we're not 100% sure how else you would designate IPS - we think its basically any TFT that has ~89degree view

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”