Do I have the right hardware?

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
odonohoe

Do I have the right hardware?

Post by odonohoe »

I am an educator but a total beginner in electronics and programing sketches. I am working with 6th graders. They have designed a mechanism which requires 2 stepper motors to run backward or forward in response to separate push button switches. They are also using a servo controlled by a potentiometer/joystick. I have a MEGA 2560, 2 NEMA 17 12v 200x #324stepper motors, 1 hitec HS-311 servo and an adafruit Motorshield V-2.3 to drive the steppers. Do I need something else to drive the servo? If so what? Will these components work alright together or would you suggest something else? Please reply as soon as you can . thanks

Franklin97355

Re: Do I have the right hardware?

Post by Franklin97355 »

The servo can be driven through the Motor shield but you need to have power for the steppers and servo.

odonohoe

Post by odonohoe »

How would I best supply the power? Do I need separate battery packs for each motor? How many volts should be supplied? thanks franklin97355 for the speedy reply.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You should have 12 volts for the steppers and less than 6 for the servo. the servo could run from the Mega but the steppers should be powered from the connections on the shield. Take a look at this guide on Stepper Motors

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”