back in stock notices

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeepeterson

Re: back in stock notices

Post by jeepeterson »

I have to believe that if this were true, that Amazon would have been sued for this many times over. Since a quick google search didn't reveal anything like that, I disbelieve.

On another note, this isn't at all what I was requesting.
I still hope for an eventual change in pre-order policy, but barring that, I wanted a way to maintain back in stock notices for products that sell out extremely quickly.
Then I followed up with a lament that something was restocked while I was checking out. I wanted a notice that it was back while I was in the process. In your example, it would be like the sales person running up to me at the counter and saying "I found this thing you wanted, do you still want it?"

mnelsonhotjobs

Re: back in stock notices

Post by mnelsonhotjobs »

I'd look at it like a crazed mob on black friday if you're going to compare it to a live shopping experience.....or even worse. There's thousands of people all fighting over the same couple of hundred items in inventory. While you're sitting peacefully at your computer it may not feel that way but that's how it is. I would think you would be wise to avoid trying to sell the "hardship" or "work" of clicking on an item and adding it to your cart and trying to purchase to a judge. If you get the wrong one they'll tear you a new one for being a wise a$$. I'd spend less time on whining and more on getting what you want. I've posted on several of these threads regarding hints at getting what you want on order when it is a popular item. I've managed to order several popular items and never had it vanish while in my cart. First off, don't go shopping for other items after you've got that popular item in your cart. If you wanted other items then you should either pre-load your cart or create a wishlist that includes the other items you would want along with that popular item (check the wishlist often, don't wait for an "in stock" email - email is NOT instant messaging and delays can and do occur with SMTP - there are technical reasons for this and it is not unique to Adafruit or necessarily due to some lack of resources on their part). You can then add the whole wishlist to your cart (they have a button for that). Next, find a faster way to purchase. There are two easy methods, store your credit card info in your account, or use Paypal. I use Paypal. Your order can be completed within a few seconds. And try to keep in mind that they're trying to be as fair as they can to every shopper. There's just many multitudes more customers trying to purchase that same item than what they have available so you're going to have to try harder than other people to get it. Nobody's going to hand it to you on a silver platter.

BTW - I can see jeepeterson's point, I've had the same thing happen. I just take it as "oh well, bad timing on my part" but yeah, it would be nice to get that instant notification if you're on the site. Not sure how doable it is but that would be a great feature.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”