RMA Request

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AJMJ

RMA Request

Post by AJMJ »

My name is Mike Johnson, from AJ's Power Source and I have 11 pieces of Panel Mount RJ45 #909 that I will need to send back to you for an RMA repair. The plastic at the end of the connector melted, preventing pin continuity to the plug. We ordered these parts on our PO#02G12521DB. The original order was for 85 pieces, so of those 85 we have 11 bad pieces. I was unable to attach the photo to show the example. I don't know what else to do to submit our photo of the discrepancy.
Thanks,
Mike

Franklin97355

Re: RMA Request

Post by Franklin97355 »

Pictures need to be less than 1 meg. You can also load them to a sharing site and post a link here. I sent your request on to support.

AJMJ

Post by AJMJ »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bed6bqyn50kk1 ... 5.JPG?dl=0 Please use this link to see photo of item in question.

MJ

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you tested them? The connections are made in the groves along the top and the front of the plug should not make a difference. In fact I have several Cat5 ethernet cables with that section molded of solid plastic.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

yah this looks completely normal - and contact should be done on the 'top' not on the end...

AJMJ

Post by AJMJ »

The 11 in question do not work (out of 85 total from our order), we have tested them. We need an RMA number for repair/replacement and your address to send the defected parts back. I do not want to have our order delayed to our customer because 11 of your cables do not work correctly.

Regards,
MJ

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

what do you mean by 'tested'? what did you plug them into? are the cables not connected? is the plastic flashing the issue?

well - at this time it doesnt make sense to replace them, because the cables you have with flashing are exactly what we have. we could refund them but any replacements would have the exact same plastic!

AJMJ

Post by AJMJ »

This is from our engineer: The cable were plugged into a Rabbit Core RCM4200. The signal was intermittent while communicating with the card.

The cable end (damaged molded end) was found to be interfering with the contact pins on the RCM4200 which prevented good seating of the pin to the connector.

We inspected all inventory and determined the problem was repeated on 15-20% of the items inspected.

This is a manufacturing flaw and should be returned. Either the parts were damaged during assembly or the mold flashed over on the end of the connector.

Please send RMA number so that we may return defective parts.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

ok that makes it alot more clear what is up!
you can request a refund but since this isnt something we inspect for, we can't replace them with guaranteed-working ones so please dont re-order :)
email support@adafruit for refund

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”