Recieved the wrong color of LED Illuminated Pushbutton - 30mm Round
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Recieved the wrong color of LED Illuminated Pushbutton - 30mm Round

by mrmark on Wed May 22, 2013 5:12 pm

I have ordered 4 "LED Illuminated Pushbutton - 30mm Round" from you for a museum display along with a pack of white leds. the plan was to replace the red leds shown in the pictures of the switches with the white ones. to my surprise, one of the four switches I ordered came with a white led instead of a red one, just what I needed! Image so instead of replacing the red leds with non diffused white ones, I could just but white ones in the first place because they seem to be available as you sent me one. The packages for the two buttons also have different color switches and different sized bags.
the bag on the left is the white switch and the bag on the right is the red switch.
For this reason I have several questions. I will be buying 12 or more switches soon to finish the rest of the museum displays and need white switches. Is there any way to select the color? Or would you be able to carry other color switches as separate products so they can be selected? And what happens If a costumer that needs all red switches receives a white switch, such as I would have if I hadn't already decided to replace the leds and change the color.

I hope you can offer defined colors of switches, or at least ensure a single color of LEDs in your switches.

Thank you

mrmark

Re: Recieved the wrong color of LED Illuminated Pushbutton - 30mm Round

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 am

Sorry for the mix-up. I'll check into what's up with the different LED colors.

adafruit_support_bill

by mrmark on Thu May 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Sounds good. I am going to need to order soon though and you only have 8 of the 12 pushbuttons I need in stock. When are you going to get more? And am I going to be able to select the color?
On a side note, I need to power your usb speakers off a protoboard and don't want to hack up the cable. I then realized that you don't carry any female usb connectors, even though you carry it as part of your mintyboost kit. Would you be able to carry the usb connector as a separate product? I realize that this probably wont come in time for my order, but chances are that I am not the only person with these product needs.

mrmark

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat May 25, 2013 5:52 am

We are not able to specify the leds in these switches. As mentioned in the product description, we are not particularly fond of the ones that come in them and consider them 'throw-aways'. We offer the switch because it is a good value and easily modified with the led or leds of your choice. We do have more on order and expect them in a week or two - although customs delays are hard to predict.

adafruit_support_bill

by mrmark on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 am

Thanks. I have just gone ahead and replaced all the leds in the switches and I have ordered and received 12 more square ones for the rest of the displays.
This is what I received:
most of the switches are fine, but there is one that is not, this is the problem with my order:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76027390@N05/8948839706/sizes/z/in/photostream/
One of the 12 switches is clear, I must have this fixed asap. These switches are going in a professional installation at
one of the Marathon County historical society's museums. The display is planned to be there for at least 5-10 years. I cannot have supplier botches delaying and reducing the professionalism of these displays.
(you may really want to talk to your supplier for these switches, they seem to have a mix of old and new stock, as well as mixing products)
One way or another I need this problem fixed. I will be ordering 5 more round switches and 2 barrel jack extensions in the next day or so.
If you want to include any replacements in that package you can, just let me know what information you may need to do so.

Thank you

mrmark

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Sorry about that. Please contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and let them know you need a black-bodied version of this switch. Assuming we have one we'll get it right out to you.

adafruit_support_bill

by mrmark on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks, I'll do that. One thing that really gets to me though, is that this happened in the first place. I am not sure if the new stock / old stock / different stock problem is on their end or yours, but I have had positive experiences with you on other occasions and am confident that you can (and hopefully will, for the good of your customers) figure out the problem with these switches and fix it. Thank you.

mrmark

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.